Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Operation Art

.
Operation Art is a brilliant initiative, a judged exhibition/competition in which works by children are selected to hang in children's hospital wards and other public areas to brighten them up and encourage healing in a cheerful environment.  The exhibition of entries tours regional areas: I caught it at the Lewers Gallery in Penrith, where it's on till 6 September 2009.  Definitely worth seeing - I wish I could have photographed the exhibits (a CD of images is available for sale to schools etc).
.

1 comment:

Fiona Steel said...

I was thrilled to see that Op Art had made it to your blog. I'm glad you enjoyed our main exhibition at Penrith and are spreading the word about what kids can achieve in art. The top 50 artworks from this exhibition are due to open at the Art Gallery of NSW on 6 Oct... I hope you can join us!
Cheers
Fiona