Wednesday, May 04, 2011

An embroidered life

It's a while since I made a quilt, or did craft of any kind, as I've been busy with work and other projects, but I'm playing about with some cross stitch and also just ordered an alphabet sampler kit from Alicia Paulson of Posie Gets Cozy/Rosy Little Things (whose writing I have always admired - hers was one of the first blogs I found, back in the day, and remains among my absolute favourites). 



Read her blog entry about it and see all the pictures here.  It's got great mad typography font letters; and I like the way with projects like this that you can toddle along, one letter at a time, seeing your progress and seeing bits finished as you go.  Her blog has the link to pre-order it, too; but if you want the kit you only have till May 10.  She says she will later have it as a downloadable pattern, but not till some time after the kits are sent in June.

Maybe it's the season drawing in.  Autumn and winter are good evening stitching times, imho.  Which is also amusing, because Alicia (being in the northern hemisphere and all) is thinking of this as an excellent summer sewing project. 

An embroidered life can happen any time.

No comments: