Saturday, October 17, 2009

The scrapbooking cupboard project: 4


Now where was I? Painting cream/taffy window frames.  Well, that's done, and the red roof too, and there was just the little matter of window furnishings...
.

.
Which was sorted with the dinky cordless screwdriver, cuphooks, fine dowel and some Denyse Schmidt fabric from her County Fair line.  New handles replaced old (old nasty, not nice vintage).
Et voila!
.


It's quite tall, isn't it?  I'm of average height, and thisi is me looking up to take the photo.
.
There's plenty of storage...
.


...as you can see.  Enough for the scrapbooking gear, I hope!
.
OK, here's the full view:
.


.
Isn't that fun?  And useful?  This is the back of the house - the house's front door/entrance is on the other side, but this is the side with the big opening doors, so for my cupboardish purposes it is the 'front'.
.
A couple of construction notes.  I was able to find tiny hinges for the door that had broken hinges - found them at the hardware barn (I'm sure that's cheaper than sourcing them from a miniatures supplier).  On the bottom of the house, I put two thick strips of self-adhesive heavy-duty felt, so it will sit well and not scratch the top of the record cabinet.
.
It's now in the house and about to get put to use!
.

No comments: