Friday, June 16, 2006

Summer in Bondi


0606 Summer in Bondi
Originally uploaded by rooruu.
One of my Sydney Quilt Show entries. Thoughtfully planned (of course), carefully executed (all mistakes are my own), beautifully quilted (that I left to a professional, Suzy Atkins of Quiltstuff). Isn't it a happy quilt?

It's so much fun to eavesdrop at quilt shows. This was described by one lady, in a slightly sniffy voice as "OK for a playmat".

AAAAAAARGH!

Then I chuckled. I'm sure there were quilts I didn't properly appreciate. But oooooo I'm careful what I say when looking at quilts in a quilt show!

And I nobly resisted the temptation to say, "That's my quilt. Where's yours?"

1 comment:

Kate said...

I think that quilt is beautiful and I wouldn't dream of using it as a playmet! It must have taken forever to cut out all those pieces!!