Friday, May 23, 2008

Carnival


0805 white flowers
Originally uploaded by rooruu
Athletics carnival day today - but still time to photograph the lane marking (to several people asking, why? in bewilderment) because it amused me to see how the painting had made the grass almost seem like white flowers.

I have been accused of being, at times, easily amused...

It always interests me that, at athletics carnivals, when you're actually there, the contest that ends up drawing the largest crowd is always the high jump, when the good jumpers are getting towards the end of the competition. The tension, the wonder, the visible challenge, the way, in the end, it's person against bar. I hope the Olympics and Commonwealth Games broadcasters will someday realise the potential of this and broadcast more than brief highlights. Maybe someday.

1 comment:

Pennie said...

LOL I have to say... I like a person who is easily amused, better than the alternative!