Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quiltlet: B is for Bondi


0808 Quiltlet B is for Bondi
Originally uploaded by rooruu
This is the second in the series of little quilts I'm designing for Australian Patchwork & Quilting magazine and naming after Australian places. Maybe, after Sydney, Bondi is one of the most familiar Australian place names? Probably, what with its iconic beach.

The aqua with chartreuse circles fabric in this quilt is the one that set me off - and I can't count how many times I've used the Lonni Rossi chartreuse oriental lettering fabric. It's a design you could do in many colour combinations and fabric themes, though.

This one's in vol. 17 no. 2, which is out in patchwork shops now and in Australian newsagents any day now (they also included a quilter's profile of me in the issue, which was flattering).

G's with the magazine now, and I'm working on H, such is the lead time of magazines.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's making any of these designs, and see pictures of your versions!


..

3 comments:

Candy Schultz said...

Well I am sorry to say I have never heard of Bondi but I am an ignorant
American.

I will be looking for that issue. I am also still waiting for photos of your studio.

Does that sound bossy?

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love the "B is for Bondi"! Although to tell the truth, I've never heard of Bondi. But then again, you've probably never heard of South Padre Island here in Texas. :)

All that aside, the quilt is truly lovely. I am in awe of your talent!

~Elaine~

rooruu said...

@ candy: hardly ignorant! Oh, and it's winter and so the sewing focus shifted to the dining table where it's warm in the house. I hope to get the studio more finished in spring/summer. Thank you for your interest (not bossy at all).

@ Elaine: thank you! No, I hadn't heard of South Padre Island - but now I have!

And now you both know the name Bondi (foolish Australians, we think it's a world famous beach!!)