Saturday, August 30, 2008

Stone wall


0808 rock wall
Originally uploaded by rooruu
Such good colours and textures and shapes - monochrome on monochrome, until tyou look and see all the shades of grey and pale browns, and the bright lime of the moss.

More time at the dentist today. I'd rather think about stone walls. Tell me if you feel this, she says, applying something icy cold to a tooth that is JUST FINE, judging by the height by which I spontaneously elevate from the dental chair. O-kay, she says. After an hour and a half of it all (my mouth aches hours later), there's another appointment made for a date a few weeks hence. Sigh. Spent a large part of the rest of the day with half my mouth numbed, surreptitiously checking that I wasn't drooling (I wasn't, but you can't tell). Dentristry and elegance. Worlds apart.

.

No comments: