Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday


0808 blossom and sky
Originally uploaded by rooruu
Another Saturday walk along the river - the weather was kind, sun and wind, where rain had been forecast. As usual, we were able to solve pretty much all the world's problems (as one of course does, on a long Saturday walk!) as well as checking in on this tree. The blossom's less dense than it has been, but still beautiful. It's not yet spring, but it's getting closer...jonquils are out, and the blossom trees, and when the days finally warm up, you know it's closer than it has been.

In the afternoon, I toddled off to the Stitches and Craft Show at Rosehill. I haven't been for a couple of years, and don't know that I will again. Beading and scrapbooking are less my thing, and they're bigger at this show, with many vendors. While there were plenty of people there, I saw everything I wanted to in a couple of hours (whereas the June show at Darling Harbour takes a day).

Upstairs this time was what appeared to be a concept allowing smaller businesses to have a table for their wares. It felt a trifle awkward, somehow, and I browsed from a distance rather than up close.

My eye was caught, however, by BKH Design. She sells bags, homewares, and fabrics. The fabrics reminded me of Florence Broadhurst - not as copies, but in that style of modern design, and on a midweight cotton, heavier than quilt fabric. You can see more of her work here: http://www.bkhdesignshop.blogspot.com/
.

No comments: