Thursday, January 25, 2007

Scrapbooking


0701 scrapbooking books
Originally uploaded by rooruu.
These are my current favourite scrapbook idea books. A slightly mixed bag, if you think about them one way, or a curious continuum, if you think about them another.

Cathy Zielske's clean and simple style shows how much can be done with great simplicity. Although I think I'm too much of a pattern and colour girl to stick to cardstock as much as she does, there are still lots of layouts with inspiration.

Elsie Flannigan's style is entirely up the other end of the spectrum, mad amounts of stuff, hand-drawn headings and journalling rather than computer-printed, a joyful cacophony and a joie de vivre. And challenges in quilting or scrapbooking are a good way to expand your thinking.

Ali Edwards' designer's eye falls in the middle - certainly busier than Cathy, definitely calmer than Elsie. She has a real gift for catching the moment, and there's a wise and useful sanity about her approach - perfection isn't the be all and end all.

I think the next thing you're supposed to do is actually USE the papers and chipboard and punches you (er, I) have, and make some pages! I have a few mini-albums in mind, and I'm SURE I have enough stuff with which to make them...

No comments: