Thursday, April 16, 2009

Quilt in progress (P)

.
Just a glimpse of the P quiltlet that will be in Australian Patchwork and Quilting vol. 18 no. 4 on sale in about five months' time.  Yes, it really does take five months from a project going to the magazine's editors to it being published - which is why, sometimes, fabrics are harder to find.  It takes that time to edit instructions, take photographs, design the magazine, organise printing, check colour proofs and so on and so forth.  None of it dawdling time, either.  So while you can see K for Kalgoorlie in the latest Australian Patchwork and Quilting, vol. 17 no. 11,  P is with the editors and going through the same process to come to you in time.
.
I chuckled at the chartreuse in this one - I've been on a chartreuse kick this year, it's a GREAT colour in quilts.  But I chuckled again when I went past this sign today.
.
.
It's OK, this is Australia, we drive on the left and the driver's on the right of the car, I was a passenger ... Every time I go past this sign I think, hmmm, those could be interesting quilt colours.  I actually visited DFO (Discount Factory Outlets) for the first time recently and didn't find it an especially exciting experience, or one I had much enthusiasm for repeating.  What I WAS fascinated to discover, in the sunless/artificially lit depths of the covered carpark, was that this interesting colour scheme is not the original, but a very faded version of same.  The original ones didn't do anything for me.
.
And now, in this quiltlet, I've played with at least one of the colour combinations.  You never can tell where inspiration will find you.
.

No comments: