Sunday, December 03, 2006

Challenge quilt


0611 calendar challenge quilt
Originally uploaded by rooruu.
This is my quilt entry in the Quilters' Guild of NSW 2008 calendar challenge (it's 12in square). I used only scraps and leftover pieces from other projects, including the backing and wadding as well as everything on the quilt top. Some are folded into prairie points, some sewn and the striped border pieces are used raw-edge and overlapped. (OK, so the threads are new!)

The centre is from a yellow fabric that I used in a magazine project quilt - I had SO many enquiries about it , but sadly the only stockist I knew had sold out by the time the magazine was published (I'd bought the fabric about six months before using it, and then of course a magazine's lead time can be up to another five). It's a great graphic, Picassoesque fabric!

All the calendar challenge quilts will be on display at the Quilt Show at Darling Harbour, Sydney, in June 2007, and the calendars (for 2008) will be on sale.

No comments: