Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sweet baby quilt


0612 sweet baby quilt
Originally uploaded by rooruu.
Isn't this a sweet baby quilt? Can you tell what it was made from? The backing and binding are new fabric (they went with the top so well) but the fabrics in the top are well-washed, vintage, and not originally thought of as patchwork fabrics...

Baby quilts are so easy to whirl through the machine to quilt, after a fair number of my more recent quilts have been larger ones. Although I mostly quilt my own work on my domestic machine, one really large one is coming back from the quilter this weekend. I can't wait to see what she's done - it needed a freemotion genius (she's a freemotion genius) (I am not a freemotion genius).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, are they vintage hankies? It's a really pretty quilt, Roo!

rooruu said...

I think some must be vintage. Can be hard to tell, since some modern hankies continue to use patterns that have been around for many a long year. Glad you like it!

meggie said...

I guessed Hankies too. They will be lovely & soft & are usually of fine hardwearing fabric, so lovely for a baby.
A very sweet quilt!