Thursday, September 25, 2008

Quilt detail: challenge


0809 quilt detail
Originally uploaded by rooruu
This isn't one of the quiltlets from Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine, but part of my entry in the 2008 Quilters' Guild of NSW challenge, which has the theme, "Coast and Country". I'll post a pic of the whole quilt after they've been judged (in October). I do like the possibilities of quilt challenges, not only to work within established parameters (for this one, the theme and a set size, 50cm x 70cm (approx 20inches x 27.5inches) ) but also to take the opportunity to try something new by way of techniques or approaches or whatever. I did, with this one, and was happy with how it turned out.

2 comments:

Candy Schultz said...

I found one of your quilts recently when I happened upon a shop which carries APQ. I am wondering if you could show them on here after they are published. I have a terrible time finding APQ in my area.

rooruu said...

Hi Candy: I have been doing this a bit more recently, and will try to. I understand how it can be irritating to see the detail or scrunch shot, and not then the whole quilt. I'll post this one in the next few weeks, after the judging, so it'll be faster than the five month or so time lag for published quilts. Cheers!