Thursday, October 05, 2006

No bull


0610 no bull 1
Originally uploaded by rooruu.
Not in this china shop, anyway.

Did you guess that it was dollhouse scale? That's one inch=one foot, if unlike me you haven' t been studying the subject with notable intensity in the last month or so...

I visited a dollhouse shop today. The blue house now has a white table to go with the pine chairs, and a white mantelpiece containing a fireplace that will light up. And I've had instruction in how to go about wiring up lights, so that should happen soon. A lit fireplace seems kinda corny, but also kinda nice. Still waiting on some skirting and cornice pieces.

Some old metal furniture pieces arrived today courtesy of eBay, and I'm so glad the photo was overexposed - they weren't white, but my current favourite colour, aqua. Probably 1950s. I don't think I'll use them as a suite, but separately.

A favourite monthly email came today too, the Quilt of the Month from the International Quilt Study Center in Nebraska. Always a great glimpse of quilt history - you can sign up for the email on their site (which has lots and lots of lovely quilts to see in the archives).

No comments: