Saturday, October 28, 2006

Vegetables


0610 radishes
Originally uploaded by rooruu.
I went to the big well-lit, don't-bother-with-a-basket-take-a-trolley greengrocery/market yesterday. I never emerge with just one or two things - there's always a nice brie, or particular fruit, or cold meat for weekend sandwiches, or an unusual bread, or their consistently excellent plain yoghurt , or the generally needed fruit/veg- or a combination of the above. Thus I skip the basket.

Late on Friday, it wasn't so crowded, and I couldn't resist pulling out my camera as I did earlier in the year.

Here's a set of the photos I took yesterday

and here's the March set.

How beautiful are fruit and veg? Wonderful colours, wonderfully individual shapes even within the same type or family, wonderful texture - AND you can eat them!

A few more of these photos may creep in as daily ones - I love the sense of cornucopia, fruit and veg filling the lens with colour and light.

2 comments:

Candy Schultz said...

Nothing beats nature, that's for sure. I love your blue building photo.

Pennie said...

Oh YES! This is another reason why I live in Sydney and what I missed so much living in London :-) Does ones heart good it does, makes it sing!! Beautiful photos Ruth, cheers Pennie