I scored 15%:
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Rowling
- Cold Mountain - Frazier
- Into Thin Air - Krakauer
- The Handmaid’s Tale - Atwood
- Bridget Jones’ Diary - Fielding
- The Things They Carried – O’Brien
- The Joy Luck Club - Tan
- The Lovely Bones - Sebold
- Angela’s Ashes – McCourt
- His Dark Materials – Pullman
- The Giver – Lowry
- The Remains of the Day – Ishiguro
- Eat, Pray, Love – Gilbert
- Atonement – McEwan
- one I’m not prepared to name, because I disliked it intensely as meccano-fiction.
What about you? Which have you read, which do you rate most highly?
Added later: my list above is only 15 of the 100 - the top link takes you to the full list. I appreciate that EW is hardly the New Yorker - but even then it's interesting to see the list (which is a tad curious, and as noted heavily weighted to American writers) and yay for books being discussed...). Thanks for the comments!