Saturday, May 19, 2007

Quilt journals


0705 quilt journals
Originally uploaded by rooruu.
I began doing a scrapbook page for every quilt (think I've covered, oh, 4?) and apart from my working notebooks and photos scattered through the hard drive of more than one computer, there isn't much of a record....

So it's long past time, and this is a start. Many of the pictures are basic washing-line drop shots that I've taken as a quick record, not elaborately styled or lit shots. They're not in exact chronological order, either. But I decided that was all OK, better something than nothing, and I can always get back to the scrapbook pages one day....

One book is from the last twelve months and on to the future, the other is for the years before that. Both are more than half full now. Still have more notes to do (some are pretty scant). But this is a start - thumbing through, it's good to be reminded of what worked, what didn't, what I'd like to play with again, all the myriad reasons a quilt began...

(Amy Butler scrapbook papers in the background.)

No comments: